Looking for a place to truly share your you, in good company. You can be artistically talented or new at this. Join me on an artistic adventure. Making art by yourself or in a group can be so peaceful and energizing. Please reach out to chat or so that we can think of event ideas together.
Reasons You Should Create Art
1) Creativity breeds successWhether you’re in marketing, are an entrepreneur, or any part of the business world, it is vital to culture internal creativity.
2) Do you watch TV? Make art instead
What if, instead of being passively entertained, you could actively engage your mind in something that instead of leaving you empty inside, left you fulfilled and glowing. Try it.
3) Art is a lifelong challenge and infinite intellectual puzzle
Carved bamboo stamps for printing
4) You’ll meet interesting people and make real connections
Art is a great enabler of opening us up to each other and a guaranteed way to connect with like-minded people.
5) Digital technologies enable you to easily share your results with the world
Whether you’re into music, photography or visual art, it’s now as easy as clicking a mouse to share your results with thousands, even millions of people.
6) There is no greater feeling of freedom
Getting lost in the moment while creating art is liberating beyond anything else I have experienced.
7) There is no wrong answer
You can make anything you want, and if it is pleasing to you, it is successful, there is never a wrong answer. You don’t even have to share it with the world, in fact I probably share only about 1% of what I make with the world. It is always more enjoyable to make art for intrinsic reasons than extrinsic.
8) Yes, you can
I stated this in the introduction, but I’ll say it again: to be a human being is to be a creature of creativity. Art and creative, expressive freedom is something that each and every person is capable of. To not at least create some art is to not fully embrace your internal capabilities.
9) Cooking is art, writing is art, comedy is art, photography is art, gardening is art…
Art is really whatever you make of it, the definition is so wide open.
10) You will learn things about yourself you didn’t know
During hours spent alone engaged in your creative task, your thoughts and mindset will be shifted into a state of complete freedom from stress, anxiety and negativity. Having a flow experience is something beyond words.
This gourd is actually dyed from the inside out using mud
11) You will challenge yourself to consistently grow
12) Making art is the ultimate brain boost
Once engaged in a form of art, your mind will constantly be churning with new thoughts, ideas and imagery in a positive way.
13) You might not ever make a dime, and be completely fine with it
14) It will change your way of thinking about the world
In a good kind of way. You will start to see beauty and patterns in things you did not before.
15) You’ll work infinitely better with your creative team members
If you work with graphic designers, advertising people, or marketers you’ll understand what motivates these creative types. The best graphic designers are independent artists in their personal time. The best advertising people produce content for fun when not making creative for clients.
16) Art is the most intimate form of self expression
And a way to connect with others on a deeper level than anything else.
Its important to give children a love of creating art
17) Find passion again
If you have lost that incredible passion you once had for life, finding a form of art to work on is a surefire way to re-spark it.
18) Finding meaning
You can find incredible meaning in life by pursuing creative expression. It can be just what you need to conquer internal negativity and conflicts and experience personal growth.
19) An outlet for excessive emotionFeeling frustrated, depressed, anxious, angry? Art is the ultimate personal healer during stressful times.
Lori Arbel is a professional artist and certified teacher, leading teens and adults on a journey of self-discovery; opening doors to possibilities, and enhancing their creative voice.